Wednesday 21 July 2010

Belfast art scene and more....








....the cultural experience continues.




Several major things happened over this week the first was that Derry got City of Culture.:Well done to them. I heard that there are banjos singers on the streets having a shin dig. Sounds like good fun, I will hopefully make it up there for some cultural delights. Transbelfast is going strong with more happening around the City including hanging laturns and hanging gardens coming from "out of place" gallery (on the same street as the 02 shop on Corn Market).



One of UrbanLanders images was featured in the Irish News as part of the article on Terri Hooley :"Punk Godfather could bring good vibes to the city hall". Five minutes of photoshop can go along way.




I was walking home the other day through the holylands at 1am. Bad mistake, a load of people were throwing glass at a wall across the street. They then starting shouting at me when I walked past. Too many Canterbury bottoms about for my liking. I could have taken on 3 of them on but not all 6 of them. Stuff I missed this week includes the Moochin's exhibition at the waterfront. Would have been a good night with all the work being free to take. I never got a chance to go to Ashleigh Manor either for some fun. Im now on Twitter @Urbanlander

No comments:

Post a Comment